Thursday, March 29, 2012

Heading Home

Growing up, I spent summers on Gull Lake in Brainerd.  You don't need to twist my arm to have me head north.  It still feels like home after so many years.  They talk like me up there.  I take a good amount of heat here in my classroom in Winona for my "up north" accent and for some of the quirks in my vocabulary.  I took it from Brainerd, case in point......



Try as I might, I just can't stop saying "for Pete's sake" for Pete's sake! I was so happy to see it on the menu when I got to spend some quality time with my dear friend Sunnie Bunnie right there in Brainerd, don't cha know.


The staff at ECFE in Brainerd couldn't have been nicer. Miss Peggy (NOT pictured above) isn't fond of having her picture taken but was happy to let me teach her parent education class for her.  The facilities in Brainerd are amazing!  The whole place was a buzz with moms, dads, staff and kids spending quality time at school.  It has been so fun for me to see how different ECFE programs are all over the state.

It is also nice to see how much we have in common.  No matter where I go, ECFE is full of great teachers and coordinators. Mrs. Flowers (how cute is that?) coordintates the program in Brainerd.  It's a wonderful place for families.  Thanks so much for having me!




No comments:

Post a Comment