Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pumped in Pine Island

It's always hard on me when great parents leave our community. Marlo and her family moved to Pine Island a few years back and when she heard that I was headed there, she offered to buy me dinner before my community presentation.  Thanks Marlo, it was great to catch up with you!
My congratulations go out to Mr. Mish for being honored as Pine Island's Teacher of the Year!  Thanks for letting us gather in your room and good luck to you.
It was great to see so many Pine Islanders at school on a Thursday night to talk about childhood.  We shared our concerns and our hopes for children. Each one of us seemed to leave the room energized to take on the task of designing a childhood that honors the important skills that children learn as they prepare for school and life. It was an engaging community conversation.

Miss Kelly and I have been friends for a long, long time.  She has been inviting me to Pine Island for about eighteen years to speak to groups of parents.  She, like so many ECFE teachers all across the state, is so excited about how my award has validated the work we all do with small children and their parents.  ECFE is a great place to find support, great curriculum and the cutest kids in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment