Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Nation's Capitol

Yeah! A chance to take in some sights.  Matt and I headed straight to the Capitol.  It is a stunning building full of stories, history and beautiful art work. In the interest of time (I couldn't miss the ball), we took the tour. The rotunda is breathtaking and I was wishing I had lugged my big camera to Washington to capture it better.

The clock was ticking but we took our chances of finding Ms. Elizabeth Frosh at work.  Liz is one of my surrogate daughters from Winona.  She has been Amanda's friend since middle school.  I did my best not to cry when she gave us a tour of Senator Klobuchar's office where she is a legislative assistant.  I am so proud of her!  It was so great to see her and I waited until we were out of the building to cry. Thanks Liz, I will try not to call you Honey Bunny in front of your co-workers when I see you again in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment