Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ball Gowns and Skinny Jeans


I would do just about anything for those daughters of mine.  Last weekend, the mission was ball gowns.  As it turns out, being the NEA Teacher of Excellence and the Minnesota Teacher of the Year has some wardrobe challenges.  My wardrobe consists of pants that toddlers paint and shirts that babies spit up on.  I don't own a ball gown but needed one for the ball in Washington DC this spring.  My daughter, Erin will be joining Matt and me in DC this week for the National Education Gala.  She was needing a ball gown too. I picked up my pal Karen and we headed to the mall to meet up with Erin and go ball gown shopping!  Erin nudged me to try on dresses that, on the hanger, were way out of my comfort zone.  She urged me to keep trying things on.  I have spent many hours in stores with daughters holding up clothing I am certain they would look fantastic in only to be shot down with giant eye rolls. No eye rolling this trip, thanks to Erin and Karen, I had a ball gown!



And oddly, a pair of SKINNY jeans!  Both Erin and Abby (pictured above) insisted and wondered how on earth I have gotten by all these 51 years without a pair. Erin does a crazy, jumping dance to get into skinny jeans and showed me how it is done. Once in them, I wondered if I could count the experience as a workout had I put them on at the YMCA!

I am heading to Washington DC this week!  This trip will not include meeting the President but I am counting the days. I will meet the Pearson Learning Fellows I will be traveling to China with this summer. How cool is that!? I will be busy with classes to prepare me and will blog along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment