Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yehaw!


Just in case you thought I was making the whole last post up.....crispy pig ears will set you back ten bucks in the bar.

I had my hands full with this bright shiny thing all day today.  I am overwhelmed by how amazing this Smartboard is and full of  ideas about how I might incorporate her (surely it's a girl!) into my classroom.  My big challenge today was to create a Smartboard page about me and my great state of Minnesota.  We had plenty of artistic license to create.  My page included Lake Superior, a MP3 featuring Prince and a link to my blog.  It  may have been a mistake to have shared my little blog with the entire class of teachers considering that one of my recent posts was about not making the final four and openly admitting that I was running for the "Miss Congeniality" award (an imaginary award to compliment my imaginary crown). As it turned out though, it set a tone for the rest of my esteemed colleagues to openly vie for titles of their own. The afternoon turned out to be a very sweet, very personal, and very, very funny. 

Mary Beth Blegen, 1996 National Teacher of the Year is here!  Mary Beth is from Minnesota and she is a hoot. Was I excited to see her? You Betcha!!

My kids are going to gasp from embarrassment (so fun to make them crazy when they are all grown up) when they see this one. What they don't know is this......me and "Jersey" are here in Dallas to make some noise!  Meet Jeanne, my very smart, very funny new friend from New Jersey.  We bonded on the shuttle from the airport and the rest is history.  This is a fantastic group of people sharing this experience with me.  I can't wait for tomorrow!  Good Night from Dallas!


1 comment:

  1. Miss you! And I have recovered from my personal disappointed (one of your editors of said portfolio--you can blame me).

    How lucky the other 49 are to share your space for the next few days.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete