Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Different Final Four

I'll just come out with it....I did not get asked to interview in Dallas to be considered for the National Teacher of the Year. I found out last Monday and took about 15 minutes to be disappointed and the rest of the week to let folks who were really hoping that I would make it know.  I generally think that things happen for a reason.  I love a challenge and would have loved to interview. I think I am better in conversation with people than in creating portfolios.  I am also about as competitive as they come.  I think that comes from growing up in a big family.  If my brother, my very fit brother, Pete walked through my door right now and asked me to race him, I would take off like lightning and do my best to finish first (OK, now that I have written that, I may be more wacky than competitive. You should see Pete!). 

I am writing instead of packing.  I leave for Dallas on Tuesday and can hardly wait for the experience. I will be so honored to meet the entire class of state teachers of the year!  I feel like I am packing for camp. I will take my computer along and share as much of the journey with you all and if, by chance, there is a Miss Congeniality award, I will do my best to bring it home!

2 comments:

  1. How great to be in the final fifty. Enjoy your trip and your time at "camp."

    ReplyDelete